Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Lost Some Junk! @SocialInsiders #SocialSummer


I Lost Some Junk! @SocialInsiders #SocialSummer


Being a member of Social Insiders, I participated in the Summer Blogging Challenge 2016. The last week was "Lose The Junk"! Well, I have lot of rooms to clean but decided that one of my cabinets needed a little cleaning out to begin with.

Okay, I'll blame my husband for keeping lots of stuff that we really don't need. He's not one to throw stuff out very often but sometimes you really need to go through what you have.


This is a cabinet that we keep paper, pens, markers, tape and lots of other items. I opened the cabinet doors and this is what I saw in the above picture. Nothing in it's place. Tape here and there, and stuff just strewn around. I'm not sure why hubby put a flashlight in here, but oh well.

First I took everything out of the cabinet and threw away some things that we didn't need. There was even a price tag from somebody's clothes in there, used envelopes, and worn out pens. Luckily, the trash man was coming so I hurried and got another bag of junk out before he came to our house.


I organized everything and will have to do a better job some other time, but it does look a little better than before. Above and below are the after pictures of the cabinet.


I have baskets with markers and crayons in and some plastic containers which I labeled with pens, pencils, tape, and other items. It got me in the cleaning mood, so now I'm heading for my kitchen cabinets!




2 comments:

  1. It does look much better now. It's amazing how organizing one thing can get you inspired to organize another. That's what I did this past summer. It drove my kids crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda. It really did get me inspired to do more organizing. It makes you feel like you accomplished something. :)

    ReplyDelete