Saturday, April 5, 2014

Signs of Spring! Finally!


Signs of Spring! Finally!


They are the earliest flower and the first signs of Spring to me is when these purple crocuses pop out of the ground! They are my favorite color....purple!

It is amazing how they can come out even when we still have cold weather here in Michigan. They are a sure promise that Winter is finally over.


I don't remember when I planted these flower bulbs but it must be many years ago when we first moved into our house. They never fail to show up, even among the dead leaves from last Fall among them.  


The buds on my lilac bush are coming out also. I love lilacs of any color and the fragrance of them. My husband has been trimming all of our many trees. He's a tree man, if you ever heard of that. We've got over a dozen trees in our front yard that he planted when we moved here, about 18 years ago. 

Before you know it we will have to start mowing lawn. We had some April showers yesterday and it melted a lot of the snow that was left in some areas that it was piled up. April showers bring May flowers, as they say!





No comments:

Post a Comment