Friday, June 28, 2013

Things Are Growing Around Here......Like Daisies



Things Are Growing Around Here.....Like Daisies

It's summer and things are growing around my house.  I transplanted some daisies from my backyard and put them in the front of the house last year and they really took off.  Here are some of the plants shown below.

Daisies I transplanted by the house getting ready to bloom.


Daisies with cosmos growing beside them.

A beautiful closeup of a daisy.

Daisies are so easy to grow.  I haven't done anything special to them since transplanting them last summer.  When I first transplanted them I get them watered though so they wouldn't dry up.  They really spread also.  Just think, these first started them from buying a package of seeds quite a few years ago.  Now that I've put them in the front of the house I see them more, every time I go in or out.

If you don't think you have a green thumb just try it.  You can start from seeds or buy a plant and dig a small hole, put the plant in, and cover the roots.  Keep it watered so it doesn't dry out.  It's not that hard and you will get beautiful results.  I really like perennials because you don't have to keep buying flowers every year.  More pictures will be coming of some of my other flowers.   Summer is so beautiful with colorful flowers.


2 comments:

  1. I love easy to grow flowers Gloria and your daisys are so pretty. I didn't know they came back year after year. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Have a great day...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy, yes I love easy to grow flowers too. Daisys are really easy and spread fast too for me. Thanks again for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete