Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pumpkin Streusel Squares


My New Recipe Box Find ~ Pumpkin Streusel Squares


I was looking through my recipe box yesterday and found a recipe that I have never tried before. I don't really know where I got it from but thought the ingredients sounded good so decided to make it. I'm a big fan of pumpkin desserts, especially in the fall and holiday time. It's easy and doesn't take long to make. Hope you enjoy! The recipe is below if you would like to try it.

PUMPKIN STREUSEL SQUARES

1-3/4 cups unsifted flower
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cold margarine or butter, cut into small pieces
15 ounce can of pumpkin
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. salt, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour and sugars. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Reserving 1 cup crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom and halfway up sides of 12x7 inch baking dish. In large mixer bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into prepared dish. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 55 minutes or until golden. Cool. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment