Friday, September 9, 2016

Relax With A Great Book! @SocialInsiders #SocialSummer




I'm taking part of the Social Insiders Summer Blogging Challenge and one of the challenges is called "Relaxing With A Great Book".

The first book I could think of was the one I read every night before I go to sleep. I'm a Christian and a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in our little town. My mom and dad sent my sisters and brother to the Lutheran parochial school, which goes up to the 8th grade. When our children were school age, my husband and I sent them to the same school. We had religion class and had to memorize bible verses and also had a religion workbook. Along with our textbooks, every student had a bible in their desks.


The bible above isn't the one from my school days, although I still have that one. This is a Women's Devotional Bible which I acquired quite a few years ago. It is the complete bible with the old and new testament. Also included occasionally are stories which were written by women of faith. 


I have my bible setting right by my bed and usually read a few pages or more before going to sleep. Right now I'm in Psalms which has includes some beautiful scripture which was mostly written by King David. There are 150 chapters in Psalms and you can find much emotion in the verses, such as joy and love, depression and grief.

A couple of years ago the 1st or 2nd grade class at the school made bookmarks and handed them out at our church. It's the bookmark I've been using and has the names of the kids and teacher on it. I've read the entire bible a couple of times and the pages are getting a little stained and worn (I have a bad habit of snacking in bed when I'm reading) My bible is also taped on the spine, but still is my favorite book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment