Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beautiful Cosmos Flowers By My Driveway

Here are some beautiful cosmos flowers by my driveway.  We have an old post there and the flowers grow around it.  The seeds fall down after they dry up and they keep growing up every year.  There are little birds called finches that love to perch on the flowers and eat the seeds.  They are so cute with a lot of yellow color and I'd love to get a picture of them some time.  I always have so many cosmos that I pull some of them out because they hang over the sidewalk.   

The first time I planted these flowers was from a package of flower seeds.  I might have had a couple of packages when I first planted the seeds many years ago.  They are very colorful and grow like weeds around my place.  Only they much prettier than weeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment