Sunday, July 15, 2012

They Don't Make Appliances Like They Used To!

Yesterday morning I had my usual cereal and coffee.  I thought the milk seemed not very cold but I didn't really think much about it.   I thought maybe the refrigerator was having a hard time keeping up with the hot weather.  Well, that wasn't it!  Later my husband said something about the frig not being very cold.  I then checked and it was getting less cool.  I checked the freezer and everything was solid but didn't think it was working as it should.  A package of blueberries I had frozen weren't that frozen anymore and the meat was a tad wet on top of the package.  Good thing I didn't really have a whole lot in the freezer.

Luckily we have an old refrigerator in the garage so I took every out of the house refrigerator and put it in the old one that works.  I had to throw away milk, cottage cheese, sour cream and a lot of odds and ends that were spoiled.  We keep the frig in the garage to put pop, beer and anything else we need it for.   It was our first frig and it's one of those that need defrosting but it still works.  As you can see it needs defrosting right now.

We only had the frig in the house for about three or four years so it isn't very old.  They sure don't make things like they used to.  So tomorrow we will have to get someone to see if it can be repaired.  I'm thinking not.  Usually it costs more to fix something than what it's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment