Friday, June 15, 2012

Reubens Are One Of My Favorite Sandwiches! What's Yours?

Whenever I go out to eat I usually get a Reuben if I get a sandwich.  Some restaurants don't make them very good but there are some that really make them delicious with just the right amount of ingredients.  It depends on the corned beef also.  Some corned beef is better than others.  The prepackaged isn't very good in my opinion.  I don't know what I like best about a Reuben.  I guess it's just like the combination of the corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing on rye bread.  

Wondering how this sandwich got it's name?  I looked up the origin of the Reuben in Wikipedia and it's disputed where the origin of the Reuben came from.  One account holds that Reuben Kulafofsky, who was a Lithuanian born grocer from Nebraska was the inventor. Other accounts hold that Arnold Reuben, who was the German owner of the once famous, now defunct Reuben's Delicatessen in New York, invented the "Reuben special" around 1914.


I'm glad somebody invented this tasty combination! What's your favorite sandwich?



No comments:

Post a Comment