Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Small Town Living Versus City Living

I have lived in a small town since I was born except a year when I moved to North Carolina with my sister before I was married.  Living in a small town has some advantages and many disadvantages.  We have to drive at least 30 to 45 miles to the city for any big stores, good doctors, and hospitals.  The only grocery store we have in our town isn't the greatest and has high prices.  At least we have one so I shouldn't complain.  We have a population of approximately 2,000 and every one is related in some way.  Every one knows the latest gossip and there are cliques, which I don't like.  

There are some good things about small towns like we live in a safe town with not much crime that I know of.  It's a nice place to raise a family when the kids are small and for retirees.   Nobody has burglar alarms or the such.  You can go for a walk and not be afraid of being mugged.  Kids usually move away after they graduate from high school and never come back.  My kids will probably move to some city when they (hopefully) get a job after college.  There isn't anything for them in a small town, especially for what they are going for in college.  My daughter is going for Graphic Art Design and my twin sons are going for Digital Video Production.  So there you have it.  Do you like where you live?

3 comments:

  1. I've lived in so many places but have been in Durham, NC for almost a year now. I do like it. It's beautiful.
    I have been fortunate enough to meet great people wherever we have lived and that's what really makes the place, the people.
    Happy Blog Hop Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a city girl, but being in a city has it's different sets of problems. I'm a new follower of your blog from a Tuesday blog hop. Feel free to follow me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was born in Manila, city of the Philippines now I'm in New York city and I absolutely love it.. New follower from the Follow me blog... :)

    ReplyDelete