Monday, April 30, 2012

Go For A Walk And Feel Good

I like walking every day.  I started over a year ago and walk a little over two miles nearly every day. It's not a whole lot but it does help your body feel good.  I also feel like I have more energy.   My husband started walking after he retired so I decided to join him.  Now I sometimes go alone or with him.  At first I was really out of shape.  I didn't know if I could make it the whole way.  In the beginning I walked more slowly but now it takes me about 40 minutes to walk 2.2 miles.  I enjoy the outdoors and clearing my mind.  You notice little things, like squirrels climbing trees and scampering around, birds chirping, and sometimes you even find a lucky penny lying on the ground.   One time I had a dog run up to me but the owner was right after it.  There always seems to be dogs barking somewhere but are usually tied up or looking from a window in a house.  One time I was going for a walk and it started raining.  By the time I got home I was drenched!  So from now on if it looks like rain I take an umbrella or don't go at all.  Another time I was walking and saw a pickup run into a car.  You never know what you are going to see when you go for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment