Sunday, October 29, 2017

How Do You Choose A New Laptop Computer?



Image Credit: Amazon


I've been wanting to get a new laptop computer for a while now. My previous laptop was pretty slow and I have had it for going on 6 years now. It was a "Black Friday" deal the day after Thanksgiving and my son and daughter went to Walmart to get it for me, because I didn't want to stay up late and they are night owls anyways, lol! They are adults by the way, not little teenagers.

Anyways, my daughter got one of of the same computers also and it was only $200. Well, I've used it "a lot" and when my cord quit working (not charging off and on) I decided it was time to upgrade. And it was getting pretty slow on top of that.

Let me tell you, I am not a techy type person and have asked my adult kids what kind of computer I should get for quite a few months now. Finally I decided to get the same one my daughter bought which is an HP Intel Core.

I received it yesterday and was gone today and yesterday most of the day so tonight I'm trying it out and at first didn't think it was working. It has a different cord than my previous computer and when I plugged it in it said "plugged in not charging". Well, that was scary right away because I thought it was broke. Well, I asked my son to look at it and he said you had to plug it in all the way, which was kind of hard. It didn't look like it was supposed to go in all the way and took a little pressure but now it's charging fine. 

It's different also in that it has numbers on the top and numbers on the right side of the keyboard, which my other laptop didn't have. Also the letters are more towards the left side of the keyboard because of the numbers on the right side like I said. This is kind of different to get used to. I have to keep looking at my fingers sometimes. But it's getting better already. My kids said that is the standard keyboard, unbeknownst to me.

I love how fast it is so far! Wow! I'm pretty excited about this and my fingers are just moving along when I'm typing and it's so nice! It will be great for typing out reviews and everything else.

The best thing about this is that I had a gift card saved up from quite some time ago so I used it to get my new computer for absolutely nothing. A while back I won a $500 gift card and decided to use it to get something for myself, and this was something I needed anyways.

What type of computer do you have and do you like it?  I'd love to hear about your thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. That's great that you were able to get the laptop for free! Those giveaways come in handy! It is hard to get used to new technological devices. That's why even though I have a laptop, my husband hooked up a regular monitor and a keyboard to it, so I use it that way instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. it is hard to get used to new technological devices. I'm getting used to my new laptop pretty well now. That's neat your husband hooked up a regular monitor and keyboard for you.

      Delete