Sunday, October 22, 2017


Big Batch Of Chili Recipe


It's fall here in Michigan (although it's been in the 70's which is very unusual)! This time of the year I make soups and do more cooking than in the summer months. It's just usually too hot to use an oven and we do more grilling. Here is my recipe for chili which my family really likes.


1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
2 quarts (or cans) tomatoes
2 cans tomato soup
4 cans light kidney beans
1 can tomato soup
2 stalks diced celery
1 large onion diced
1 tbsp. garlic diced 
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 green pepper diced
4 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 or 3 cans of water using the empty bean cans
Tabasco sauce (If you like your chili spicier, I add a couple of shakes to my bowl)



You need a 4 quart kettle for this recipe. I use my canned tomatoes and use 2 quarts jars of them. Cut recipe in half if you have a small family. We like leftover chili at our house.

Brown ground chuck, along with celery, onions, peppers and garlic in the large kettle. Drain grease off. Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for an hour or more till veggies are tender.

2 comments:

  1. I like the bowl your chili is in. Your chili sounds pretty good, especially with the extra vegetables in it. It's nice to be able to make a big batch of a food so that it will last more than one night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the bowl my husband always uses. For some reason he likes to use a bowl with a handle. This is how my mom always made her chili so that's how I got the recipe. I agree about making a big batch of food so it lasts longer. Less cooking means more time for other things.

      Delete