Friday, February 24, 2017


Have You Ever Participated In A Prayer Vigil?
Photo Credit: Unsplash.com

The other day the church I am a member of had a prayer vigil. I'm not sure if we had one of these in the past but this was the first time that I participated.

What is a prayer vigil you might ask? Well, the way our church did it was that anyone could go into the church any time you wanted to. There was a table set up in front of the pews of the church. There was a form that you could fill out for prayer requests, if you wanted to. You could put your form in a box that was sitting on the table. I'm not sure if you were supposed to look through the forms sitting there and pray for the requests but I didn't because I wasn't sure.

There was no one else in the church and there was an open bible sitting on the table. I read some verses, then I said some prayers.

I prayed for God to forgive me of all my sins and thanked him for dying on the cross for my sins. Then thanked him for all of my blessings that he has given me. 

After saying those prayers, I prayed for my twin sons, who are just working part time right now. I prayed that they would find a good job and it would be full time, if it would be in God's will.

It was nice to be in church all alone with no other people around. It was very spiritual and is something I want to do again in the future.

Have you ever participated in a prayer vigil?


2 comments:

  1. I didn't remember you had twin sons, how neat! I will keep them in my prayers. I have been to prayer vigils before and I also really enjoy the quiet in the church. We used to have them for special things - like praying for an election, national day of prayer, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for keeping my sons in your prayers. I know what you mean, the quietness was spiritual and I really liked it. That's neat you've been to prayer vigils before too.

      Delete