Monday, January 2, 2017


 Baked Beans from Scratch Recipe

I got this recipe from my mom and found it in my old wooden recipe box. Mom and dad used to make it when I lived at home (they always cooked together) and it tastes so much better than canned beans! If you are a fan of baked beans, this recipe may be for you. It is very easy and is great for parties or gatherings also!


Baked Beans From Scratch Recipe

1 - 48 oz. glass jar of Great Northern Beans
1/2 cup of onion, diced
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup of apple, diced
1/4 cup dark Karo syrup
1 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 lb. bacon cut in small pieces (fried halfway done and grease drained)
salt and pepper to taste

I use a 4 quart casserole dish and put beans in dish. Add remaining ingredients, thoroughly mix and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 2 hours. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment