Monday, August 15, 2016

Lawnmower and Shattered Glass......Plus Flowers!


While I was to the city today today to get an allergy injection and do some grocery shopping, my husband mowed our lawn. It's been drier than usual here and actually the lawn hasn't been mowed in about a month. The gardens are drying up and some of the farmers' crops don't looks very good either.

Thankfully, Saturday we had about an inch and 4 tenths of much need rain. The ground and lawns just soaked it up like a sponge. One thing about it, is the weeds always grow, even when it doesn't rain. So our lawn had some weeds coming up with brown looking grass. The rain made the grass green up and it was time to mow the lawn to make it look better.

While I was gone my husband mowed the lawn and he was by our sliding glass door when he hit a small stone. He doesn't mow so it blows towards the door until he get farther away, but it didn't matter today. When I got home from the city he told me to look at the door and I asked what had happened.


The whole door is shattered from top to bottom and looks terrible. He then proceeded to tell me what had happened and said he had already called the glass repair company and it would cost $375 to replace it. There goes another bill! At least no one was hurt and he felt bad about it, I could tell.


Even though it's been very dry, some of my flowers look pretty good. I noticed the mums are starting to bud, which always reminds me of fall. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone and school is starting soon. Below are some of the flowers around my house. Can you believe 4 months from now it will be 10 days before Christmas! I don't even want to think about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment