Friday, January 8, 2016

After Holiday Slump


After Holiday Slump

It's January and the holidays with all the preparation, shopping, baking, parties and everything else are over. This time of year is kind of a let-down for a lot of people, including me. I long for the summer and going outdoors and feeling the warm sunshine.

If you have ever lived in the Midwest you'll know what I mean. We "Michiganians" or "Michiganders" hibernate in the winter and just try to keep warm by covering up with lots of blankets so we don't have to pay a larger heating bill. Of course, it's been a rather mild winter this season. It's been raining today and the snow has melted quite a lot.

One way I found to get out of the blahs are getting out of the house. If you have some relatives or friends you haven't seen for a while get together for a nice chat. Just being with people is good for the soul and makes you feel so much better.

 Recently I have been able to visit my only living Aunt, who lives about an hour and a half away from me. She doesn't have a car so doesn't get out very much and was happy to have company. My mother and I went to see her and we had a nice time, enjoying a long visit....and having pizza and ice cream. Yesterday I called on an old friend from my childhood and we had such a great time talking about our family and going out for lunch. We are planning on doing it again in the near future.

Today my husband and I went to visit his cousin who doesn't drive any more. She lives a little over an hour away from us and we talked on facebook today. We haven't seen each other for a number of years and she said on facebook that we should get together sometime. Well, my husband and I decided to go for a ride and visit her today. Her daughter stopped over also and we all had a good time visiting. Now we want to do it again in the not so far future.

So, if you are in the after holiday slump, think of somebody you can go visit. It will make you feel so good and probably make their day also.
.




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to go and visit people who can't get out. I'm sure they really appreciated it, and it's nice that you enjoyed the visit also.

    ReplyDelete