Tuesday, October 6, 2015



Pumpkin Carving Prayer

I get a monthly newsletter from the church I belong to and got it today. While reading the news about all the happenings from the church and our school, I came across this "Pumpkin Carving Prayer".  It would be a nice prayer to say while you are carving your pumpkin with the children, or even if you are doing it yourself.

Dear God,

As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn new things about You; (Cut the top off the pumpkin)

Remove the things in my life that don’t please you. Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others. (Remove the pulp)

Open my eyes to see the beauty You’ve made in the world around me. (Cut out the eyes)

I am sorry for the times I’ve turned up my nose at the food You provide. (Cut out a nose)

Open my ears so your word I will hear. (Cut out the ears)

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near. (Cut the mouth)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! Amen. (Place a candle inside and light it)






No comments:

Post a Comment