Friday, October 23, 2015


8 FAVORITE HORROR OR HALLOWEEN MOVIES OF MINE

I'm an old school movie buff and love horror or Halloween movies, especially since it's the time of year! Here are 7 of my favorites:

1. Psycho -  I love Alfred Hitchcock movies and this is a real winner! Make sure you stay out of the shower though, (and Bates Motel)!


2. Frankenstein -  I guess we've all heard of Frankenstein and the original Fankenstein - Boris Karloff is the best to me.



3. Dracula - There have been lots of other Draculas in movies but Bela Lugosi as Dracula is my favorite. (I want to bite your neck, lol)!




4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Spencer Tracy goes from good to evil in this as a 19th century doctor. I think I've know some people like this,




5. House of Wax - Vincent Price stars in this movie which I remember watching on television years ago. He's the owner of a museum with wax figures of famous people which ends up burning down, along with him. You'll have to watch it to see how it turns out!


6. Freaks -  I never saw this movie till a few years ago when it was on TCM. It's an oldie from 1932 and is a pre-code film  which is set in a circus with various performers in it. All I can say is you wouldn't see a film like this in these days. It is considered a "cult classic" movie.




7. The Mummy -  This is another 1932 movie which stars Boris Karloff and is a pre-code horror film. It was inspired by the opening of King Tut's tomb and the Curse of the Pharoahs.



8. The Wolf Man -  This is a movie from 1941 which stars Lon Cheney, Jr. as a man who changes into a werewolf after he gets bitten by a wolf. Bela Lugosi and Claude Raines also star in this film.



As you can tell, I love the older horror movies. If you haven't seen any of these movies before, this Halloween would be a good chance to watch one or more!



No comments:

Post a Comment