Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Apothecary Extracts Australian Tea Tree Oil - Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. All opinions are my own and yours may differ.



Apothecary Extracts Australian Tea Tree Oil #teatreeoil - Review






I didn't know what Tea Tree Oil was before but I have learned quite a lot. Tea Tree Oil is extracted from the Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf. The Tea Tree is a small tree or shrub with needle like leaves. It can grow up to 7 meters (20 feet) in height and thrives in marshy areas, although it is now cultivated in plantations. The Tea Tree is very robust; it is ready for cutting only two years after its' previous harvest.

 The Austrailian Tea Tree Oil is a pure essential oil which is 100% undiluted and without impurities. There are no fillers, additives, bases or carriers added. I learned that all Tea Tree Oil is not equal. Many suppliers add other substances to their oil to cut costs, increase shelf life or enhance their aroma. The only way to know how pure your tea tree oil is to ask the supplier for a copy of their gas chromatography report and to compare it to the ISO standards found at http://www.teatree.org.au/standards.php.

I received a large 4 fluid ounce bottle of Apothecary Extracts Austrailian Tea Tree Oil which came in securely package and came in a brown glass bottle. The brown bottle keeps it from light and air exposure and keeps it as close to its natural state. It also comes with a free recipe guide that you can download that tells many uses and benefits of Tea Tree Oil.

I learned from the recipe guide to first test out to see if you are one of the small percentage who is allergic to tea tree oil before you use it. You can do that by rubbing some oil on a nickel size spot on your arm or leg. If you are one of the small percentages who have a negative reaction such as irritation you may want to try mixing it with coconut oil or almond oil to dilute.

It was interesting  to learn from the recipe guide that this Austrailian Tea Tree Oil has 53 uses! Wow! There are recipes from making shampoo to a foot scrub. You can also use it for making a soak for sore muscles, making a refreshing potpourri mix, cleaning, acne and so much more! In my opinion, I thought the Tea Tree Oil has a fresh and clean scent. My husband, on the other hand, didn't especially care for it.

I've used the Tea Tree Oil guide to make my own All Purpose Tea Tree Oil Cleaner and liked using an all natural product with no harmful chemicals! In the future I'm planning on trying the recipe for the laundry detergent.

If you are interested the Apothecary Extracts Austrailian Tea Tree Oil you can purchase it on Amazon right now for $19.99.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment