Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day and Mary's Birthday



Hope everybody had a nice St. Patrick's Day! Did you wear your green today?

Today was my mother-in-law's birthday and I remember she always got birthday cards that tied in with St. Patrick's Day. She passed away going on 7 years ago and it really seems like yesterday. Mary was a kind hearted woman who always liked to have fun and act silly, kind of like me I would say.

My mother-in-law loved to talk and visit and I can say she was a lot of fun to be around. My husband and our family went to her house for a lot of meals because she loved to cook. She really didn't like to go out to eat very much because she would rather have people at her house and do the cooking and entertaining.

The last few years of her life my mother-in-law had a stroke and had alzheimer's disease. She then had to go to a nursing home to get special care. She wasn't the same Mary but was always happy to see my husband come and visit every day after work. He was a dedicated son and always made it a point to stop and see her.

Today I was thinking of when we would go to her house in the country and always had a good time. But things change and life goes on. All you have is memories.

Happy Birthday Mary! I know you are celebrating in heaven!






No comments:

Post a Comment