Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Big Batch Of Chili Recipe


Big Batch Of Chili Recipe



1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
2 quarts (or cans) tomatoes
2 cans tomato soup
4 cans light kidney beans
2 cans tomato soup
2 stalks diced celery
1 large onion diced
1 tbsp. garlic diced 
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 green pepper diced
4 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 or 3 cans of water using the empty bean cans
Tabasco sauce (If you like your chili spicier, I add a couple of shakes to my bowl)



You need a 4 quart kettle for this recipe. I use my canned tomatoes and use 2 quarts jars of them. Cut recipe in half if you have a small family. We like leftover chili at our house.

Brown ground chuck, along with celery, onions, peppers and garlic in the large kettle. Drain grease off. Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for an hour or more till veggies are tender.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Heaven knows I need a hot bowl of soup in this awful single-digit weather where I live! Another great chili recipe is this Creamy White Chili - it's my favorite! You can try it here if you'd like: http://ambrosiaandnectar.com/creamy-white-chili/

    ReplyDelete