Sunday, November 17, 2013

Decorating For Christmas


Decorating For Christmas


My  Little Christmas Tree 
Every year I love looking at all the decorations in the stores and that people start putting up outside of their houses.

My favorite restaurant (The Cracker Barrel) has had Christmas decorations up for quite some time already and it's so nice to look at all the shiny and glittery ornaments and the like. But when you think about it, what is all the decorating for? I know the stores all want to make money, but why do you decorate? It is nice when you have little children but when your kids are older it isn't quite as fun any more. When you have little children Christmas is more fun because of their excitement about everything. 

I still like looking at my vintage Christmas candles of carolers and also some other vintage hard plastic decorations from the 50's. I've also got a vintage wreath that I purchased last year on eBay that I just thought about. I do like looking at vintage Christmas decorations because of the nostalgia. Most importantly, I think the true meaning of Christmas is lost sometimes. Jesus was born in a stable in Bethlehem. This is what the true meaning of Christmas is.

It is nice to look at your Christmas tree for awhile, but then it's time to take it down. To me, it's always kind of a let down. Maybe you could call it the "after Christmas blues". Well, now that I've told my little story, what about you? How do you feel about decorating for Christmas? 











No comments:

Post a Comment