Ways We Save Money
Now, I just made a decision to start saving a little money that I find, like change or a few dollars even. Then once a month or more I'm going to make a deposit in my savings. We haven't been able to save any money at all for a looooong time so this is going to be a little "project" I do on my own. I'm anxious to see how much I can save in a year. It's going to be very hard but I don't care if it will only be ten dollars to deposit at a time. It will be something.
Hey, I won't notice it if I don't have it to spend. Anyways, that's my way of thinking. Here are a some ways to save some money that we do in our family right now.
- Stay home if you don't have the money to go out
- Cook at home
- Go to a beauty training school to get cheap hair cuts or highlights, etc.
- Buy off brand foods instead of name brands
- Watch movies on television instead of going to movies
- Grow a garden (we have one every year)
- Can your own vegetables
- Have garage sales to sell unwanted items such as clothes, etc.
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Turn your air conditioner higher so it doesn't go on as much
- Turn heat down and wear sweaters/cover up with blankets
- Sell unwanted items on eBay
- Eat leftovers more often and don't waste food
- Buy cheaper cuts of meat
- Make popcorn for a cheap snack
- Cut out soda pop and drink more water
- Use coupons and check for sales on groceries, etc.
- Check clearance items in stores to save
- Instead of drinking bottled water get a water purifier
- Don't hire to get household repairs and try to do it yourself if not to complicated
- Paint your own room if needed
- Sell your vehicle instead of a trade in at a car dealer (you'll get more)
- Only have cell phone or landline (not both)
- Buy used cars
- If we need a repair on the cars occasionally, we get our mechanic neighbor to do it
- Don't have full coverage insurance on our cars
Do you have any other ideas how to save money?