Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ways We Save Money




Ways We Save Money


Everybody knows that prices keep going up including food, clothes, bills, and what not. Do you save any money at all?  It sure is hard to do in this day and age.  We have 3 children who all are going to college so we have to cut corners any way we can.  Thankfully, my daughter is graduating next month so that will help a little.  We'll only have our twins going then, ha, ha. 

Now, I just made a decision to start saving a little money that I find, like change or a few dollars even. Then once a month or more I'm going to make a deposit in my savings.  We haven't been able to save any money at all for a looooong time so this is going to be a little "project" I do on my own.  I'm anxious to see how much I can save in a year.  It's going to be very hard but I don't care if it will only be ten dollars to deposit at a time.  It will be something.

Hey, I won't notice it if I don't have it to spend.  Anyways, that's my way of thinking.  Here are a some ways to save some money that we do in our family right now.
  • Stay home if you don't have the money to go out
  • Cook at home
  • Go to a beauty training school to get cheap hair cuts or highlights, etc.
  • Buy off brand foods instead of name brands
  • Watch movies on television instead of going to movies
  • Grow a garden (we have one every year)
  • Can your own vegetables
  • Have garage sales to sell unwanted items such as clothes, etc.
  • Wash clothes in cold water 
  • Turn your air conditioner higher so it doesn't go on as much
  • Turn heat down and wear sweaters/cover up with blankets
  • Sell unwanted items on eBay
  • Eat leftovers more often and don't waste food
  • Buy cheaper cuts of meat
  • Make popcorn for a cheap snack
  • Cut out soda pop and drink more water
  • Use coupons and check for sales on groceries, etc.
  • Check clearance items in stores to save
  • Instead of drinking bottled water get a water purifier
  • Don't hire to get household repairs and try to do it yourself if not to complicated
  • Paint your own room if needed
  • Sell your vehicle instead of a trade in at a car dealer (you'll get more)
  • Only have cell phone or landline (not both)
  • Buy used cars 
  • If we need a repair on the cars occasionally, we get our mechanic neighbor to do it
  • Don't have full coverage insurance on our cars 
Do you have any other ideas how to save money?




No comments:

Post a Comment