Tuesday, March 5, 2013






Losing Weight....Hopefully



This time of the year is a good time for me to start trying to lose weight.  I did it a couple of years ago but gained it back (7 pounds).   After I lost the weight I thought I could go back to eating whatever I wanted to but that's not how it works.  Maybe occasionally you can cheat but that's about it.  Before you know it Spring will be here and people will be wearing shorts and tank tops so I've been "trying" to lose some before it gets here.

Isn't it weird how pounds gradually grow on you.  First it's a couple extra and over the years it just keeps adding.  Well, that's how it seems to me.  I'm not bad but I would love to be at least ten or fifteen pounds lighter.  Twenty pounds would be awesome but I don't think it will happen. 

I've been trying to cut back and have been doing good but then at night before I go to bed I have 
cravings for ice cream bars lately.  They are the snack size but I usually eat two of them.  I know I shouldn't buy them but I feel like I'm addicted to them lately. 

During the day I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt or a salad for lunch.  Then I make supper and haven't been eating much of that either, sometimes none.   At night I usually eat popcorn, and more yogurt, some fruit and some cheese.   So, then before bed the bad habit of eating a couple of ice cream bars happens.

 Seems like I have to have the ice cream bar or bars to get to sleep, ha, ha.  I don't know when I started the habit of eating before bed but it's not a good one, I know.  My jeans are a little looser even though, so I'm happy about that.





No comments:

Post a Comment