Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Breakfast A Big Meal Or Not?

Breakfast is usually not a big meal for a lot of people because everyone is usually in a rush to get to school or work.  There are some families who may have a big breakfast, but in my home my adult kids and husband  are never that hungry in the morning.  We have a bowl of cereal, piece of toast, or a granola bar.  I also have to have a couple cups of coffee.  My husband usually just has an English muffin.  When I go out to eat occasionally a treat for me is to have a strawberry waffle or an omelette.  That's more of a lunch for me.

Did you know that breakfast means to break the fasting period of the prior night?  I was curious where the word originated from and had to look it up.  Nutritionists say breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I guess a bowl of cereal is better than nothing.  I do have problem with eating late at night, especially with the junk food, even though I know it's bad.  That's probably why I'm not that hungry in the morning. It's hard to break that habit of eating late at night. 

Does your family have a big breakfast or just a bowl of cereal like me?  Let me know in a comment if you would like to.  I'd love to know what other families normally have for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment