Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Piano Lessons........

When I went to school there were quite a few girls who took piano lessons.  It must have been the thing to do.  My sisters and I all took lessons for quite a few years.  I can read music but I wouldn't say that I'm real great.  When it gets to be the harder music it does get difficult for me.  I don't know if my mom and dad thought we were all going to be like Liberace or what.  The piano still is at my mom's house now just sitting there and out of tune.  My mom has it decorated with framed photos of all the family.  Once in a while when my sister goes to visit mom she plays a song she knows by heart.  I don't know the name of it but I know the tune and she plays it over and over.

When my daughter was young I thought she ought to take piano lessons like her mom and she wanted to try it also. We didn't have a piano or have any space for a piano, so we bought this electric piano.   She took lessons from the 5th to the 12th grade, then she didn't want to go any more.  Neither one of us got to be as good as Liberace, but I'm glad I had a chance to take lessons and I'm glad I gave my daughter a chance to take lessons also.  We learned how to read music and we can play some songs if we want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment