Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Easy Stir Fry Vegetables Over Rice

Here's an recipe I already posted  but added a finished product at the end of this post.
two packages (8 oz.) fresh mushrooms (I get the ones sliced)
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
2 orange peppers
4 medium onions
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 to 3 tbsp. soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste 
dash of garlic powder
dash of red cayenne pepper 

Put two tbsp.of olive oil in electric frying pan.  Slice peppers and onions into thin strips and put in electric frying pan.   Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and spices.  Cook covered for about ten minutes and then uncovered till tender and water from vegetables is steamed away (about half an hour or so).   This makes enough for my family of five.  I serve over rice.   Sometimes I add a chicken breast or a boneless pork chop cut into cubes. 

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I just found you from the Tuesday Blog Hop and started following. http://myinspiredlifewithfibromyalgia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so Yummy. I can't wait to try it. I am stopping by from Mom Bloggers. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at http://www.trueaimeducation.com Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good!! One could also add some fried/baked tofu or fried tempeh for added protein. What I really like about your recipe is that it focuses on the lovely flavors of the vegetables rather than covering them up with a lot of sauce. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete