1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together margarine or butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies. I got this recipe from a box of Quaker Oatmeal and changed it from 1 cup of raisins to 1 cup chocolate chips because we don't like raisins very much.