Saturday, March 3, 2012

Allergies In Our Family

I've gotten allergy shots for about ten years or so.  I get an injection about every other week.  I first went to an allergy doctor because I get sinus infections, usually in the spring and fall.  The first time I went to the allergy doctor my nose was so stuffed up I couldn't breath without using nose sprays.  That was the wrong thing to do, because it wasn't getting better.   I'm allergic to three different types of mold, dust mites, dust, cats, and some types of trees, grasses, and weeds.  My doctor recommends that his patients get re-testing every three years.  So yesterday I had my re-testing done and found out that I'm now allergic to feathers also!  The test was really easy and only took about half an hour.  One of my twin sons has gotten allergy shots since he was in second grade.  He was always sneezing and getting colds.  It seems like he has gotten better or has outgrown his allergies.  He's 20 years old now.  Then about a year ago my other son (his twin) started getting sinus infections quite often.  I took him to the allergy doctor to get tested and now he has to get shots for allergies.  So one of them seems to have outgrown it and the other one got it. 

1 comment:

  1. Allergies tend to hit me pretty hard as well and I dread when that season comes, though I do love the warmer weather. New follower from MBC :) Follow back at http://wifemomworklife.blogspot.com/ when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete