Monday, January 1, 2018


10 Thoughts For The New Year



Photo Credit: Unsplash.com
Do you have any New Year's resolutions for the new year 2018? I've been thinking about and really don't have any definite resolutions because they usually don't pan out. I do have some thoughts that I have in mind though.


1. I plan on saying "I Love You" more often to my family and friends. Life is short and love is what it is all about.

2. I'm going try to save some money. Even if it's $5.00 a week or $10.00 it is better than nothing. I've heard that if you do it routinely it will become a good habit.

3. I'm going to be more thankful than I've been. I am thankful for what I have but sometimes envy others who have more than what I have. 

4. Am planning on praying more. I do pray and regularly attend our church but sometimes forget to pray every day.

5. I don't have a job since my children were born but did sub in a lunchroom at school and as a secretary over the years. Now that my mother is older I see it was meant to be because she really depends on me, since we live a few houses from each other. She is 89 years old and I am going to do as much as I can for her. I'm very thankful to have her in my life!

6. When the weather gets warmer (it was below 0 degrees last night) I plan on going for walks again like I did a few years ago. It makes me feel good and is good for the body too.

7. I'm going to try to encourage my children as much as possible. I'm thankful that they are all good kids but sometimes think I could be better at encouraging them.

8. I'd like to get a professional family photo this spring or summer so I have to check out prices and ratings on photographers around our area.

9. Am planning on painting a few rooms in our home so that is something I want to do before summer and it gets too hot. First I have to decide if I want a different color than off white or get a brand new color.

10. In addition to painting, I want to thoroughly clean out my closets and get rid of stuff I really don't need.

Well, that's a start for the New Year! Happy New Year to all my readers and may you all have a great new year!


2 comments:

  1. Those are all wonderful ideas, Gloria! I think they seem like things you can achieve. It's important to set goals that you can achieve so you don't get discouraged. I am with you on #3. I complain too much and need to remember to be thankful instead, and not be envious of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! I know what you mean. As long as you have everything you need in life, that's the main thing. I would say I have everything I need.

      Delete