Saturday, March 4, 2017

For My Sweet Tooth ~ Chocolate Scotcheroos ~ #Recipe


Now here's a recipe I haven't made for years. I was going to make regular Rice Krispie Treats but thought about the chocolate and peanut butter in these and my taste buds won out! They are easy to make and are a nice treat. I had the recipe in my old wooden recipe box and am so glad I saved it.



Chocolate Scotcheroos

Ingredients:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (recipe calls for 1 cup but I used a whole pkg.)
1 pkg. (12 oz.) butterscotch chips (recipe calls for 1 cup but I used a whole pkg.)
Vegetable cooking spray

1. Place corn syrup and sugar into large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in microwavable bowl until melted. Stir in between microwaving. You can also melt in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2x1-inch bars when cool.

Yield 48 bars.










2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who wanted something like this. My husband eats rice crispie treats at work once in awhile(the packaged kind), so a co-worker gave him a similar recipe, so that I could make it for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a coincidence alright! I think there are different variations for this recipe. I remember making them several years ago but found this recipe first so made this one.

      Delete