Sunday, February 28, 2016

Have Pumpkin? Make A Pie!



Since it was a snowy day, I looked in my kitchen pantry and found a can of pumpkin that was about to expire. Well, I asked my husband if he wanted a pumpkin pie and he of course said.....yeah! So, I got right on it and made a homemade crust first of all.


Now, I really don't make a lot of pies but occasionally get in the mood. It really doesn't take a whole lot of time at all.


I looked to see if I had all the spices and other ingredients and did so got it done in no time. It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving or Christmas to have pumpkin pie....since it tastes great anytime. Also the crust doesn't have to be perfect as a picture. I think it does taste so much better than store bought pies. Add a dollop of whipped cream and ahhhhh....yum!


If you would like the recipe you can see it below.

PUMPKIN PIE

15 ounce can of pure pumpkin
12 ounce can of evaporated milk
1 unbaked pie crust
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 large eggs

First of all in a small bowl mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Then in a large bowl beat the eggs. Mix in the sugar and spice mixture, then the pumpkin. Stir in the evaporated milk gradually. Pour into your prepared pie shell.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, Bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean which you insert towards the center.

Cool for about 2 hours and serve or refrigerate.




No comments:

Post a Comment