Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies #Recipe



Chocolate Chip Cookies #Recipe


It's a snowy and wintry day here in Michigan today so I thought it would be a great idea to make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Well, actually I got a craving for "cookie dough" and wanted to sample some, haha. I don't have any little kids around so get to lick the beaters and bowl myself (wink).


If you are interested here is the recipe which makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies. If you would like to add some chopped walnut you could add whatever you desire (usually about 1/2 to 3/4 cup). I like nuts but some of my kids don't so I just omit them.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup margarine or butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat over to 375 degrees. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually stir in flour mixture.

Mix well before stirring in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds delicious! I used to make cookies all the time, but haven't made any in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda! I really don't make them very often either because they're too tempting for me to eat, lol. I can stay away from the store bought ones easier.

    ReplyDelete