Monday, March 24, 2014

Losing Weight!


Losing Weight!



Last February was the month that I decided it was time to get rid of some pounds. It was very cold like it always is in the winter here in Michigan.

My husband and I had gone to a funeral and we saw a few of his relatives that live far away and I have only seen once at his mother's funeral. 

One of my husband's cousins was a few years older than me and she looked so nice and slim.
Some women are just built like that and are naturally slim.  On the other hand, the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight for most women...like me!

I wasn't fat but was carrying some extra pounds that I didn't like. My black dress pants were feeling tight and a little bulgy. Maybe some of you can relate. I had started buying a bigger size in jeans too that I didn't like to do either.

Anyways, I started from then on to start eating less. When I look back now I really was eating whatever I wanted to before that. The pounds don't just come on in a few days but gradually they sneak up on a person.

Well, I started eating less. When I went out to eat occasionally all I had was a grilled chicken salad and at home I cut out eating a lot of everything else. You know, just eating for the heck of it.

When Spring came one of our neighbors saw me and the first thing she said was "you look thin"! It made me feel good! Altogether I had lost 18 pounds.

So, now it's a year later and I've tried to keep the pounds off. I did gain back about 4 to 5 pounds but now I'm going to try to get those pounds off too, hopefully. 

I hate exercising but maybe I will start walking a little each day also, even though I have plantar fasciitis (heel spurs) which are painful when I walk a lot.

 It's also easier not to eat in the summer for me because it's so hot and we don't cook as much. I love fresh fruits and veggies from the garden which help to not gain also.

How are you doing? Do you need to lose weight or are you satisfied with the way you look?





1 comment:

  1. I am in the process of losing weight. It's hard at times but I take it day by day. I have a great support system in my husband, a group of men and women on FB who support me ( groups), we support each other. I do not like going to the gym b/c I'm intimidated. I work out at home and that works for me. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete