Sunday, January 26, 2014

I Got Out!


I Got Out!


We've had a very cold and snowy winter this season and I haven't been out of our little town since Wednesday. Just to let you know, there is not much to do if you don't have any stores to go to. Well, we do have a small grocery store, churches and a couple of restaurants. Oh yes, a couple of gas stations also. Can you tell, I'm getting stir crazy (or whatever you call it).

The roads have been very treacherous and icy so I didn't want to take a chance and get in an accident, but today I ventured out of town and it wasn't too bad. My husband didn't want to go so I took my mother who is 85 years old. I think she was ready to get out of the house also. She loves to go away for a ride.

Mom fell down twice on the ice this winter already so now I really watch her and she's been using a walker to be more safe. We had a nice lunch at the Cracker Barrel, sitting next to the fireplace. Then we headed to Meijer so she could shop on the amigo. My mom makes me laugh and has a very good sense of humor. You would have to know her to appreciate her personality. She'll talk to anybody in the store, and starts up a conversation with strangers. One time she knocked down a display of oranges and started laughing and drove away!

She was driving around in the amigo shopping, stopped by the donuts (which she loves), and asked a guy if he would put some donuts in a bag for her. Yea, the guy put some donuts in a bag for her then. Mom is very sharp for her age and is like a friend to me. We live two houses from each other and I'm in touch with her every day.

We got all our groceries bought and headed back home. It was a nice afternoon and I think we both appreciated getting out of the house.







No comments:

Post a Comment