Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fear of Dentists


Fear of Dentists 



I have a terrible fear of going to the dentist. Years ago it didn't really bother me so much but the last years I get very panicky and dread it. I still go because I want to take care of my teeth but it's something that I think about until the day comes. I'm not sure why I get like this but I did have a bad experience from my previous dentist so that might add to it. I'd rather go to the doctor than the dentist. Of course I don't like going to a doctor either. I even get nervous when they take my blood pressure.

Well, today I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and today was the day. I wasn't bad when I got my teeth cleaned but there is something about the dentist that I get anxiety about. He is a very nice man but I guess it's just my phobia.

Well, I can tell you I made it and luckily don't have any cavities (big sigh of relief)! Now I can wait another 6 months till I go back again. Do you have a fear of the dentist or doctor? I would love to hear your comments!






No comments:

Post a Comment