Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and Feta Sauce
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes
- Add the shrimp and and simmer until cooked, about 2-4 minutes.
- Mix in the feta, dill and parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve over the linguine.
Thanks to Closet Cooking for recipe.