Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Special Christmas Decorations


My Special Christmas Decorations


Here are my vintage Christmas candles that I have acquired over the years. I have gotten them at estate sales, garage sales, antique stores and eBay. The brand name of these candles are Gurley and they are mostly from the 50's and 60's. Before malls, you could buy these at "Dime Stores" like Kresges and Woolworths. I have Santas, angels, carolers, Christmas trees, snowmen and pinecone candles. They are just something that started out with me buying the large carolers at a garage sale quite a few years ago and went on from there.

I think there is something nostalgic when you have decorations from your childhood. It brings back memories and just makes you feel good. Do you have any vintage Christmas decorations or something special that you like to especially admire at Christmas? Let me know! I'd love to hear about them!










2 comments:

  1. These candles are awesome! My grandmother had these all over her house when I was a kid. Seeing them really brings back some awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie! That's neat that you remember them from your grandmother :)

      Delete