Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Study Abroad In Italy!



Study Abroad In Italy


Yesterday was the day!  My husband and I took our daughter to the airport to go to Italy.  Karissa is  there for a month for study abroad for Art History and Graphic Design.  After that she will graduate from college with a double major.  One in Graphic Design and the other in Art.  We are very proud of our daughter indeed.  She could have gone to school for about anything, since she was one of the top students in high school but decided to go for her passion of art.  She is a very talented young woman I must say!

I think my husband and I were more nervous about going that far from home than Karissa was.  She said she was a little scared but that's just natural, I would say.  She went with 9 other students and 2 professors so that made my nerves more at ease.  You can't imagine your only little girl going to another country.  It's been quite a few months ago when Karissa approached my husband and I with the subject of going to Italy for study abroad.  Kerry (my husband) seemed more worried about it than I was at first.  It can be a scary world out there.  But, it seemed like a great opportunity and you might as well go while you're young.


Kerry, Karissa and Me

Karissa had worked a couple of years while going to college.  She's a hard worker plus a saver and used her money for the trip.  Of course, we gave her some money to go also.  Karissa just got to Italy this morning (it took about 12 hours to get there with a layover in Paris) and posted on Facebook that she is near the Duomo.  The Duomo is the 3rd largest cathedral in the world.  It was started in 1296 in the Gothic style.  I just looked that up on Google.  Well, she told us on Facebook the first part about being the 3rd largest cathedral.

The time there is 6 hours ahead of ours so right now she must be sleeping.  I'm sure she will have a wonderful time and experience.  It seems like she was just a little girl and now she's all grown up!  Wish I was there too.  I can't wait to hear all about it when she gets back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment