Monday, June 4, 2012

Time Flies By And Kids Grow Up Quick

I can't believe it's June already and kids are out of school.  It seems like it was just Christmas and we were looking forward to Spring.  I remember when I was little my mom always said the time went fast. Now I know what she meant.  The older you get the faster it seems to go!

When my twin sons were born my daughter had just turned two eleven days before their birth.  It seemed like it would be such a long time before they would be grown up.  Those days seem like yesterday.  Now they are all going to college (they still live at home but commute).  I'm happy I was a stay at home mom, even though some days I would have liked a job just to get out of the house for a while.  It seemed like they were always crying.  If one cried the other would start crying.  We made out alright with me not working and  made due with what we had.  I know a lot of people don't have an option though, especially single mothers.  My husband worked a lot of overtime all through the years. We didn't get our own house till we were married for eleven years.  First we managed apartments for five and a half years and got free rent.  After our daughter was born we moved and rented a house for a little over five years. 

When I look back I'm fortunate and thankful I could be home with my kids.   I was there when they took their first steps and said their first words.  Enjoy every minute you have with your children because they sure grow up fast!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria~ Nice to meet you! Thanks for following my blog, have followed you too. Yes, everyday I tell myself time flies and I am just so thankful I get the opportunity to be a SAHM and be with my girl every step of the way as she grows. It's such a great feeling, isn't it? =)

    ReplyDelete