Friday, March 18, 2016

Snack Healthy on Your Next Road Trip with Nuts.com

Disclosure: I did not receive any form of compensation for this post and all opinions are my own.


HEALTHY SNACKS

I thought we were going to have a warm winter but things changed after Christmas. December's temperatures were mild with no snow and it was going good until sometime in January I think. It wasn't too bad at all.... then winter hit us hard. Mother nature decided to give us the frigid weather we normally have and then hit us with three heavy snowstorms. I really hope it's over because I'm tired of it and I know my husband is also. Shoveling gets old after awhile.

Now that spring is nearly upon us and winter is over (hopefully) I'm thinking about getting out of the house more often. It seems like we've been in hibernation for a long time and it's time to clear out the cobwebs. The warm weather makes me think of jumping in the car and seeing places! Our family gets together with my brother and his family for day trips to amusement parks and the zoo when summer comes. We will also be going to visit our daughter a lot more often. She lives on the other side of the state so it's a long drive....about three hours.... and we always have to stop along the way to get a bite to eat. 


Nuts.com

Whether it's an overnight trip or just taking a day trip, you need some snacks to munch on for the road, of course.  I'm always looking for something nutritious besides the ordinary snacks. Chips and other junk food don't satisfy your hunger and are not good for your body. Since we all want to eat better and stay in shape I've found a great place to get some healthy snacks called Nuts.com. They have snacks for the family that will fuel your body and taste so much better than the same old stuff you can get at a fast food place or gas station.

At Nuts.com you'll find a wonderful array of delicious nuts including pistachios (my favorite), pecans, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts and many other types. Besides nuts they also offer scrumptious sounding dried fruit such as apricots, bananas, blueberries and cherries...to name just a few. I've been on a raisin kick lately but these sound even more delicious. They also have many other quick snack ideas to choose from and you can even find healthy recipes on their website.

If you're looking for something besides the ordinary snack foods, you should really check out Nuts.com. I'm sure you'll find something you and your family will love.







2 comments:

  1. We eat a lot of nuts because they're heart healthy. I'll have to check out the website to see how their prices compare to Sprouts. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that nuts are good for the heart also, which is good to know. They taste so good too. Hope you enjoy looking at their website. :)

    ReplyDelete